David Ortiz

David Ortiz Talks About Free Agency Mess Sox :



Big Papi will really go to the Big Apple?
In the long run the Boston Red Sox Slugger and the free-agent-to-be David Ortiz talked about the possibility of signing AL East rival New York Yankees in an interview Wednesday on ESPN's Colleen Dominguez, after expressing frustration with space for the Red Sox , who have seen the manager, Theo Epstein and manager Terry Franco left in the wake of the team collapsed in September.

"And 'drama too, man," said Dominguez Ortiz, referring to the Red Sox. "And 'drama too. I think a lot of things. I do not know if I want to be part of this drama next year."
But Ortiz would definitely consider switching to the other side of the biggest rivalry in baseball?
"It 's something that I need to think," said Ortiz. "I've been here a long time Red Sox, and I saw how it's all down to these two ballclubs."
Ortiz far from being arrested, saying he wanted to play for the Yankees, but expressed his respect for the organization.
"It's great to hear that," Ortiz said of the Yankees. "It's a good situation to be involved in. Who does not want to get involved in a situation where everything is just the right way?
"They lost like us, we went to the first round of the playoffs. Not listen to anyone kill everyone just because they have lost."

Ortiz said that the drama in Boston, questions circulating since the end of the period, must be addressed.
David Ortiz
"The owners have to worry about right now so everyone can be a fresh mind next year and what to do."
Ortiz is coming off season, where he hit .309 with 29 home (even if only in September) and 96 RBI. He made $ 12.5 million this year, when the Red Sox grabbed a player option last fall, and at several points this season has expressed a desire to multi-year agreement.

Two weeks ago, Ortiz said ESPNBoston.com that Boston is a tough place to play, but also expressed a desire to return. On Wednesday, he said he did not understand those who think that the Red Sox, is an integral part of the way with him.
"I see many people here ask for the Red Sox Papi go, and I do not know why," Ortiz said Dominguez. "While I'm here, I do mine."
Ortiz was not sure how his freedom of action is imminent play.
"We'll see how things go down," he said.

Ortiz said he was still damaged by the Red Sox, missing the playoffs after going 20.7 in September.
"It was a surprise because no one expects it to fail like this," he said.
"Nobody expected us to be so bad, after all we had a whole season. 'State devastating."
Ortiz said he did not know the departure of Epstein prevents the Chicago Cubs until Dominguez asked about it during the interview.
"I just found out that right now," he said. "I have been in contact with the drama going on here. Too much drama. My head spins just too much handle everything that is happening. I have been removed, you know, and I just had to do with my family."

However, Ortiz has explicit support for Francona, who had the largest share of criticism falling on him for a perceived lack of leadership and discipline in the middle of a club culture that has come under fire.
"I do not know why people want to blame the (Franco) for this," said Ortiz. "He can tell us what to do. But it was not what he has to go out there and do it."
What reports to drink in the clubhouse, Ortiz said he was not anything new.
"We had that when we won the World Series in 2004," he said. ". We had that when we won the World Series in 2007 Beer clubhouse, there has always been video games that have always existed,. Boys eating fried chicken, which has always been there."
Despite all the uncertainty and upheaval in Boston, Ortiz said his position remains the same.
"I just want to play baseball," he said. "I am a winner, I play to win, I want to do things right around me."
What are dressed in uniform next year, Ortiz agreed priorities do not change.
"Believe me, I play games for the fans, my family and myself," he said.


0 comments

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...