Jorge Posada Foundation

Jorge Posada Will Not Return :

NEW YORK 
Jorge Posada will remain open for his future, but believes that it is not with the New York Yankees."It will not happen," Posada said Wednesday evening at a function in Manhattan, Jorge Posada Foundation. "I do not think the percentage is still a possibility that I might come back."The free agent said he was not bitter with the organization, he played his entire career. He said five or six teams have expressed interest in his services.

"I will always be a Yankee. The New York Yankees, for me it's my second family," said Posada. "It would be difficult to put on a second identical real and learn a new set of rules. But it's one of those things where I have to see if I want to keep playing. "
"At the end of the day, it is business," he added. "You look back and there were some things that could have gone differently, but it is not. Everything was why. I'm not bitter at the Yankees. I am not bitter to (manager) Joe Girardi. I'm not bitter at the (General manager) Brian Cashman. happens alone. "
Posada, 40, hopes to make his party early next year, which will give him enough time to prepare for spring training. He did not intend to let the decision linger.
Jorge Posada Foundation
"I started working again on 1 November, as I always do, but I have no idea what will happen," said Posada. "Many of the teams called after the season was over. I'm undecided. I do not know if I want to play or stay home. I have fun with the kids and my family, but I do not know what I do. I will not make the mistake of that I will not play or tell you that I play when I do not know what I do. "
General manager Brian Cashman said Wednesday he has not spoken with representatives of Posada. Posada a four-year, $ 52 million contract expired at the end of the 2011 season.
Posada - a five times All-Star and four times world champion in the series - hit a team high .429 in the American League Division Series, but he hit a career worst 0235 with 14 homers and 44 points products in the regular report season. The batter transition was only six hits in 65 at-bats (.092) against left-handed pitching."It was hard to cope after the loss (elimination Game 5)," said Posada resigned to not coming back. "It was very hard that day. I was very moved at night. It was hard for me to know that I would not go back."
Posada, relegated to DH duty for the first time in his career, as the Yankees did not feel able to continue as a catch all day, struggling to adapt to his new role.
On May 14, 0165 Posada and his average dropped to ninth in the batting order against the Boston Red Sox. He retired from the range, prompting harsh criticism of the movement.
Posada was subsequently bench by manager Joe Girardi, August 9 in Boston. Posada was 3 for 5, August 13 with a homer and six RBIs against Tampa Bay, but he hit .228 to close the regular season, and many of them did not know if they even make the list playoffs.
Jesus Montero become entitled to bat during his Rookie in 2011, and it seems as if we begin 2012 campaign, the Yankees DH every day ', while getting spot starts behind the plate. Catcher Russell Martin outgoing No. 1, who is arbitration eligible, should return to the starter.
Former director of the Posada, Joe Torre has difficulty considering Posada play anywhere, but in the Bronx.
"It's really difficult when you play with a team and create the relationships you have all these years. This is probably going to be hard to think of going elsewhere," Torre said Tuesday night.
Posada has spoken several times with former teammate and friend Bernie Williams, who also had a difficult start to his career Yankee."He said, 'Make sure you make the right decision," said Posada. "" You must not do or say something you regret. "Posada wife, Laura, echoed these sentiments.
"You have to really be sure of your decision because you do not have any regrets," she said, adding that she would like to Posada to finish his career with the Marlins in Miami, home to their families.
"I love Miami. It would be a nice transition. "
Posada has a career .273 hitter with 275 homers and 1,065 RBIs.
According to his official website, Jorge Posada Foundation is a nonprofit organization started by Posada and his wife, to raise awareness and funds in an effort to find a cure for craniosynostosis, a condition that affects the growth the skull. Posada's son, George III, suffered from the disease and has undergone numerous corrective surgeries.

0 comments

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...